Thursday, February 7, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction-Purple

I despise Domestic Violence. No matter who the victim is, whether it be man or woman or child, I cannot stand for it. So when I found out that today's prompt word was purple for five sentence fiction, I definitely knew what I wanted to write about. So here it is. ENJOY!

"You have to leave him," Kari said firmly, desperately meaning every word.
Krista kept her eyes locked on the floor and shook her head, her tears making dark spots on the light-colored carpet.
Kari kneeled down in front of her friend and gently pulled her face up, growing angry at the sight of the purple bruise marring Krista's perfect complexion. This was the last straw; the man who had done this would live to regret his actions. Kari would definitely see to that.



7 comments:

  1. I posted my story before reading yours, but it could be that Krista is the girl in my story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A powerful story. You chose your five sentences so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Important story...makes me want to see if justice was served.
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very powerful story and well written. I hope Kari is successful in taking Krista away from this brute. Such a beautiful colour that can be so violent. I took a similar route with mine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista is very lucky to have a friend like Kari on her side. Powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right behind Kari. Great story!

    ReplyDelete