Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Evolution of Human Intellect by L.N. Smith


Let me just start out by saying that I have read some of the other reviews that previous readers of this book have posted and I have also seen some of the ratings given this book, but I do not retract my 5 star rating whatsoever considering these factors.
Now for my reasoning behind the rating.
I gave this book a 5 star rating because of the information given in the text and not for the authors use of colorful written images or Disney theme park rides. Although, those did not hurt in my like of this work. Those two factors gave the story a sense of whimsy and a bit of humor in my eyes. To me, the descriptions of the ride itself creates a break for the mind. There is such a thing as information overload, and I believe that without those breaks, the information given about the building over the thousands of years of human intellect would have felt like another average everyday history lesson. Sadly, if history is just being monologued at me with no visual aid for the imagination, I will get bored with it and my brain will shut down. So this was a nice change from the norm.
Now on to my thoughts behind the information given.
This book made me think about the evolution of the human species in a way that I had never, in my life, ever thought about before. It made me question my own branches of thinking, and brought up points about the human intellect in different times that actually made sense. For example, it makes sense to me that a human, or hominid, from a time thousands to millions of years ago would not have the same sense of awareness that a human from let's say 500 B.C. would have.
It is all about experience. All about what each person has had to deal with in their own life and times which makes us all different mentally. We learn from our mistakes. We learn from our setbacks. We choose to deal with them differently, and we choose to build our mental bridges based on how we choose to handle each situation thrown at us.
I quite enjoyed reading this book, and thoroughly recommend this for anyone who is up for a very intellectually stimulating read.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment